Organic aloe vera juice is a great source of antioxidants that helps in fighting free radicals and lowers oxidative stress. Here is the list of 10 best aloe vera juice to include in your daily diet routine.
We have incorporated the products with affiliate links we find valuable for our readers. If you buy this product through the links, we may earn a small commission.
What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a succulent plant belonging to the genus Aloe (1). It is a perennial that originated from Arabian Peninsula and grows wildly in tropical and arid climates around the world. Aloe Vera can be grown intentionally for medical purposes as well as decorative purposes.
Its product evolved into various consumer products like cosmetics, skin lotions, beverages, and ointments. At this age, aloe vera can be transformed into various forms like gel, powder, and pills for oral medication as well as topical applications.
What is Organic Aloe Vera Juice?
Organic Aloe vera juice is a thick, gel-like liquid made out of aloe vera plant followed by filtration and purification process without adding any chemical impurities. It can be mixed easily into smoothies and shakes making aloe vera juice a useful whole food supplement.
It’s mainly used for the prevention or treatment of sunburns. However, drinking juice made from aloe vera is responsible for lots of other health benefits.
Nutritional Facts of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an incredibly nutrient-rich plant adding its value by the word organic. The studies have found that aloe vera and its derivatives like organic aloe vera juice contain about 75 active ingredients that help in healing, revitalizing your body and many other health benefits.
- Calories: 36
- Carbs: 9 grams
- Sugars: 9 grams
- Sodium: 19 milligrams
- Calcium: 19 milligrams
- Vitamin C: 9.1 milligrams
- Iron: 0.4 milligrams
Aloe vera is made up of 96% of water and 4% of carbs.
Best Organic Aloe Vera Juice to buy – My recommendation
My recommendation of organic aloe vera juice is based on ingredients used and its functions. You are hereby advised to choose your best among these 10 lists based on your taste and needs.
Best for overall health
Best for constipation
Best for hair
Best by Budget
Best for skin
Best for weight loss
Best for diabetes
Best for stomach ulcers
Best for GERD
Health Benefits of Organic Aloe Vera Juice
Here are 7 health benefits of drinking organic aloe vera juice.
- Improves liver function: The liver functions in detoxifying your body by removing toxic chemicals through excretion. This is the reason why you should keep your liver healthy. Aloe vera juice keeps your liver adequately nourished and hydrated.
- Healing effects: Aloe vera helps in healing wounds quickly due to the synthesis of collagen. It also helps in reducing the degree of burns and healing time.
- Moisturizing and anti-aging: Aloe vera provides moisture to the skin and produces more collagen which helps in increasing the elasticity of your skin.
- Aloe vera has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Antioxidant properties: Aloe vera extracts are an excellent source of natural antioxidants.
- Immune system: Aloe vera makes your cells produce cytokines which help in boosting your immune system.
- Diabetes: Aloe vera extract consumption can help in reducing blood sugar levels and improve cholesterol levels.
What information to look for in an Aloe Vera Juice?
- Ingredients: When you reach a superstore looking for aloe vera juice, you should carefully go through the list of ingredients used. As much as possible, look for organic and pure juice with 86-100 percent organic products. Go for natural preservatives like lemon juice and avoid artificial ingredients.
- Sugar: Many products derived from aloe vera gel contains lots of sugar and added artificial sweeteners. Look for organic aloe vera juice free of added sugars.
- Quality: Check the product labeled as Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) free and organic. You should also go for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certification to ensure quality.
- Dosage: It is an important factor you should follow before adding organic aloe vera juice to your routine. Since it contains natural laxative effects, you should try drinking one ounce for the first day and see how you feel. Then, you should increase consumption based on your appropriateness and needs.
- CABI Datasheet
- National Center for Biotechnology Information
- My FoodData