Amla is a legume used for various purposes, and amla powder for hair growth became a recent trend. Native tribes believe that they have used the plant in ancient amazon regions for medicinal purposes.
Ayurveda (Indian Traditional Health System) says that all plants have properties that promote hair growth. Ayurveda states that powdered Amla can also be combined with coconut milk or turmeric powder and used topically on the scalp.
What is Amla Powder?
Indian gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica) are used to make Amla powder for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine to treat everything, from diarrhoea to jaundice.
Some have reported that the powder has anti-inflammatory properties. The Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C is used in Ayurveda since ancient times to promote health and vitality. Indian Gooseberry has high amounts of Vitamin A and B6 as well as folic acid.
Benefits of Using Amla Powder For Hair
Reports from the research studies state that using Amla powder for hair can:
- condition the scalp
- promote healthy hair growth
- reduce dandruff
- treat hair lice
These claims are not yet done through clinical research. Therefore, their overall effectiveness is unknown.
How To Use Amla Powder For Hair Growth
Amla powder can be used to make a hair mask or topically applied paste. You can make Amla powder by yourself or buy a ready-made one.
To make Amla paste, you may need the following ingredients;
- essential oils
- plant oils
If you are using oil as a base to prepare Amla paste, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Add 4 to 5 tablespoons of oil into a shallow pan.
- Heat the oil until it turns slightly brown.
- Add one tablespoon of Amla powder to the heated oil, and boil the mixture again.
- After boiling, cool the mixture.
- After cooling, gently massage it into your scalp and hair.
Before applying paste into the scalp or your hair, you should carry out a paste test. Follow the steps mentioned below;
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of Amla powder with equal parts warm water and mix them.
- Apply the mixture to your arm.
- Cover it and wait for 24 hours.
- If you have any signs of irritation or redness, wash the area and discontinue use.
- If you don’t experience any side effects within 24 hours, it is safe to apply elsewhere.
To apply the prepared Amla paste, follow the general guidelines mentioned below:
- Apply the solution to your entire head.
- Let the mixture set for 45 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
Different Uses Amla Powder For Your Hair
You can solve any hair problem with Amla. Let’s discuss some of the benefits of Amla powder for hair growth and how to use Amla hair care.
Amla Powder for hair fall treatment
Amla is a popular and effective natural treatment for hair loss. The vitamin present in Amla aids in strengthening your immune system, maintaining normal thyroid function and ensuring hair growth.
Indian Gooseberry’s seed is the essential part. Seeds are rich in powerful antioxidants that help prevent premature ageing and boost immunity.
Copper, Zinc, Iron, and Zinc are also essential minerals. They strengthen bones and help hair grow strong and healthy.
The daily intake of this fruit can help to get rid of dry skin, itching, flaky scalp and other related health problems associated with the scalp. This fruit is an excellent choice for those who desire long, shiny hair.
Amla For dandruff treatment
Indian gooseberry can be used as an anti-dandruff remedy. However, it can also be used to create shiny and healthy hair. This dandruff solution can be prepared by mixing a couple of drops of lemon juice with Amla powder in water.
Using vitamin C-rich Amla powder for hair can treat dry hair and prevent the buildup of dandruff. Its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties can stop the formation of dandruff. Amla helps reduce itching caused by dandruff by clearing out impurities and restoring the scalp’s pH.
To Treat Premature Greying
Lack of nutrition is one of the leading causes of premature greying. Including Amla in your daily diet will provide the body with the nutrients it needs and aids in its absorption.
Regular consumption of Amla, both in your diet and in your hair care routine, helps prevent greying. It also maintains natural hair colour and shine. Amla is an excellent addition to your hair care routine.
Amla Powder For Hair Growth
Many claims that the powder from Amla can help hair growth because the protein content of the plant is high, which is essential for hair growth. However, be determined using scientific data.
When people take it all for hair growth, they mix it with other herbs and make it into Amla paste. The body becomes alkaline due to the use of these herbs. The blood will become less acidic, which will result in healthier hair and skin.
You can increase blood circulation in your scalp by doing many different yoga poses. Hair follicles depend on blood circulation.
For information on how to grow hair faster, check out the link for tips and instructions about the same.
Amla Powder For Bald Patches
Powder from the plant may be used to treat bald patches and other areas. This combination increases hair length and enhances its colour.
Ayurvedic books have a recommendation on how to eat all that will promote hair growth. Ayurveda recommends that you can make hair powder from dried beans without mixing any ingredients.
Hair Loss Treatment Using Amla
An extract of this herb called “Ayu” has helped cure hair loss problems. This extract is consumed in the form of a pill. There have been reports of nausea, vomiting and indigestion. However, hair growth has been reported in minimal cases.
The extract “Arogya Vardhini” is a part of this herb. Mix it only with rice flour or millet. You can then rub the powder on your head. The powder has been shown to improve the strength and colour of hair. Other uses of “Arogya Vardhini” include treating diarrhoea, asthma and colic.
Amla can be beneficial when taken in small amounts, morning and evening. It would be best if you consumed in any other form than its purest. If you are concerned about its safety, consult your physician.
Amla Powder As Tonic
You can also use it as a tonic. Two teaspoons of the amla powder should be mixed in hot water and taken daily to help increase hair growth and blood circulation.
You can mix with other herbs to get better results.
Amla with other ingredients for hair growth
Amla and Coconut oil
Coconut oil and Amla are great ingredients for hair growth.
- First, cut thin Amla slices and let them dry in the shade for three to four days.
- Then, heat some coconut oil and add the dried Amla pieces.
- Continue boiling the mixture until it turns into a thick, dark liquid.
This oil can be used regularly to massage the scalp. You can solve many hair problems with this homemade hair oil.
Amla and almond oil
Almond’s hydrating and nourishing properties make hair shinier, lustier and healthier.
For hair growth, almonds can be mixed with Amla.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of freshly extracted Amla juice to a bowl.
- Warm the mixture, and then massage your scalp with it.
- Leave it on for a minimum of two hours.
- Then rinse your hair with mild herbal shampoo.
Combining almond and Amla will increase blood flow and stop hair loss.
Amla and lemon juice
Lemon juice is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral. For hair growth, you can mix Amla and lemon juice.
- Mix one tablespoon each of Amla and lemon in a glass/plastic container.
- Mix the ingredients properly and massage for 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
- Repeat this process twice per week.
Amla and yoghurt
For hair growth, you can combine Amla and yoghurt. Make this hair strengthening mask by mixing Amla powder and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of Amla powder.
- Mix warm water with Amla powder to make a paste.
- Add two teaspoons of yoghurt to the mixture and one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture to the hair.
- Rinse with water after 30 minutes.
Amla and shikakai hair pack
- Mix Amla powder and a shikakai hair pack.
- Once you have mixed, blend well together to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair along its length.
- Allow it to rest for between 30-40 minutes.
- Finally, wash it. This will make your hair fall much more negligible.
Amla and curry leaves
Curry leaves can help improve hair health and decrease hair fall. When curry leaves are mixed with coconut oil and Amla powder, they can stimulate hair growth.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped Amla to the coconut oil. The oil should be heated until it turns brown.
- After heating, turn off the heat and let the oil cool.
- Put it in a jar.
- Apply the oil to your hair while it’s still warm.
- Let it sit on your scalp for between 20 and 30 minutes
- Rinse it with cool or lukewarm water.
Amla and egg pack
In this remedy pack, you may need two eggs and a half cup of amla powder.
- Whisk two eggs in a bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of Amla powder
- Apply this mask evenly to your hair
- Leave it for about one hour
- Wash your hair with cold water
Possible Side Effects of Using Amla Powder
You can find that the powder is a valuable product that will help you in several ways. However, there are some things that you need to know about Amla powder for hair before you use it for your benefits.
First, you need to know that the powder does not pose a risk to your health. While there are some side effects from this product, these are minimal concerning the health benefits.
Some possible effects include skin irritation, allergies, and hives, but these effects are mild and easily handled.
The recommended step to determine skin reaction is to conduct the paste test mentioned above.
Amla powder helps restore hair health when nearly everyone suffers from hair problems due to poor lifestyle choices, environmental pollution, and poor diet. It is a great way to have healthy, shiny hair, and Amla for hair growth is a better choice.
However, more clinical research is crucial to determine how Amla powder affects overall hair health.