Mozzarella sticks nutrition depends on the ingredients you add, like cheese sticks with panko crumbs or batters instead of Italian breadcrumbs. Mozzarella sticks are an appetizer that comprises mozzarella cheese with coatings of Italian breadcrumbs and deep-fried until it changes to a golden brown.
Mozzarella sticks are rich in dietary proteins, but their consumption in excess may lead to obesity and heart disease. According to the study conducted in 2013, they link regular consumption of fried food to increased risk for prostate cancers.
What is Mozzarella Sticks?
Mozzarella stick is crispy mozzarella cheese, deep-fried golden brown, and coated with seasoned breadcrumbs with lots of nutritional benefits. It is an appetizer you will ever find in the restaurant.
It can also serve mozzarella sticks along with tomato sauce, ketchup, plum sauce, and honey mustard sauce and increase mozzarella sticks nutrition.
Mozzarella Sticks Nutrition
The presence of nutrition in mozzarella sticks may include saturated fats, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrates, sugars, and proteins. Refer to the table below for statistical facts of mozzarella sticks nutrition based on 1 piece of mozzarella sticks as a serving size.
Mozzarella sticks nutrition states its high content in saturated fats, sodium, and proteins. Therefore, we advise consumption in moderation or along with fruits if you are planning for weight loss.
One medium piece of mozzarella stick contains about 4.6 grams of proteins and 7.8 grams of carbs.
How to make mozzarella sticks?
- This recipe begins with sticks of cheese, which are sliced down in half. Mix each piece of cheese in flour and coat them in eggs and seasoned breadcrumbs.
- During the frying process, double coating with eggs and breadcrumbs will help prevent spillage. Freeze and deep fry until it changes to a golden brown.
- Deep fry mozzarella sticks at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese made from milk or skimmed milk
- Coating of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs like toasted wheat crumbs and panko crumbs
- Baking powder
- Other spices
How to make crispy mozzarella sticks
- Let’s make some Mozzarella Sticks.
- Get yourself 6 mozzarella cheese sticks and gently place your long sticks on board.
- Pour 240 grams of plain flour into a big bowl with 220 grams of skimmed milk and one egg.
- Try not to get eggshells in the batter unless you want extra crunch.
- Add 20 grams sugar and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Combine all and mix them well for the consistency you are looking for.
- Add 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Don’t spill it and dip your cheese sticks into the batter.
- Place on bread crumbs.
- Coat it evenly for extra crunch.
- Place it aside, ready to fry, Boom! I’m powerful.
- Use medium heat and when you hear a sizzling sound, your mozzarella sticks are ready to be cooked.
- Flip every 20 seconds to ensure even color.
- Fry until golden brown to ensure an oozy center.
- Place them aside.
Do they look so yummy??
Is it so crispy and stringy, actually so delicious, and you guys should try this recipe.
Tomato sauce makes it 10x better.
Also Read: How can a food handler identify pathogens
Tips to make perfect cheese sticks
- Use mozzarella cheese or cut sticks of cheese from mozzarella blocks
- If you don’t prefer Italian breadcrumbs or if it is not available, don’t worry, you can use regular breadcrumbs with the addition of Italian seasonings
- Freezing of cheese sticks is very important, don’t miss this step
- Serve mozzarella sticks immediately after preparation to enjoy the crispy and gain nutritional benefits
- As a preferred dipping sauce, marinara sauce is the best, but you can also use garlic aioli, ranch dressing, and remoulade as a substitute
The best substitute for breadcrumbs while making mozzarella sticks
- Rolled oats
- Potato chips
- Shredded coconut