There are several different ways how to massage pelvic floor muscles. They can be challenging and tender or tense and lifeless. The best way to find out if your pelvic floor muscles need to be massaged is to perform a yoga pose.
To do this, lie on your back with your knees bent. Rest your upper leg on a folded pillow. Place your hands on your buttocks and keep your pressure gentle. You can do this a few times daily or as needed to treat the pain.
The easiest is to apply a few drops of massage oil and find a comfortable position. You can also use your finger to rub the pelvic floor muscles from side to side with gentle pressure. Once you have reached the desired location, repeat the process with your other hand and the same method.
Pelvic floor muscles
The pelvic floor muscles support the organs of the female pelvis, such as the bladder, rectum, and uterus. These muscles are made up of thick bands of power known as hiatus.
In a woman, they also support the ovaries. While this process can be pretty painful and even cause pregnancy, there are ways to strengthen pelvic floor muscles.
There are a few ways to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
- Manual therapy is one option, including using a crystal wand. Often, it is better to have a partner or therapist assist you when performing the exercise.
- Similarly, a vaginal dilator is a simple device that resembles a tampon. It helps to slowly move the finger inside the vagina when appropriately used.
The function of pelvic floor muscles
The function of the pelvic floor muscles is simple. It is crucial to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- They provide support for the abdominal viscera.
- Function as a constrictor of the female orifices.
- Contribute to sexual health.
- Help stabilize the body’s trunk and hips.
The pelvic floor muscles support the bladder and bowel in both men and women. They also play an essential role in sexual function. In addition to being supportive, they can be strengthened by pelvic floor exercises, also known as Kegels.
Benefits of pelvic floor muscles massage
A pelvic floor massage can be an absolute pleasure. By opening up the soft tissues, these muscles can become supple and flexible, easing pain and making you feel more in control of your body.
Whether you suffer from pain, bloating, or other symptoms, pelvic floor massage can help you reconnect with your pelvic floor. Often, you may have never given it a try. But with the proper treatment, you can feel the difference in your body.
Pelvic floor massage is a great way to relax and restore balance. A masseuse can help relax these muscles and make them more responsive to other pelvic floor manipulation techniques.
The pelvis is the center of your body and controls movement and power. It also plays a vital role in flexibility. When you feel pain in your pelvic area, you feel it in every part of your body and can experience all sorts of problems in your daily life.
How to massage pelvic floor muscles?
To learn how to massage pelvic floor muscles, follow these simple steps.
- First, lie on your side.
- Fold a folded towel underneath your top leg, then bend your knees.
- Place the ball under the perineum, holding it there for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Continue to repeat until the pain is gone.
- You can use massage oil to add a little more relaxation.
- You can also do this a couple of times a day.
You can also use your hands to give the massage. You can use your thumbs to gently stretch the perineum.
- Insert them about an inch into the female reproductive organ.
- Place your fingers straight down on the perineum.
- Hold each position for a few minutes.
- You may feel a slight burning or stretching while doing the massage.
- If you feel pain, reduce the pressure. This massage will help relieve pain and help you relax.
Another way to massage pelvic floor muscles is to insert a wand. To begin,
- Find a quiet area and lay down.
- Open your legs wide and gently insert the rod.
- Leave it in for 15-20 minutes and repeat the procedure two to three times a week.
- It can help release painful trigger points on the pelvic floor.
- You can try TheraWand instead of Original Therapy Balls, which are made for a more intimate touch.
How to massage male pelvic floor muscles?
The men’s pelvic floor is a complex system that influences and is related to the rest of the body. By learning how to massage the pelvic floor muscles, you’ll feel a connection that goes beyond the physical.
- The first step in this massage is to find a comfortable spot to lie in. The bed is the most ideal place for this.
- You can prop yourself up with pillows or bend your knees to get a comfortable position.
- Another option is to perform a massage on the toilet.
- Once you have a comfy spot, you’re ready to begin.
If you’ve ever experienced tight pelvic floor muscles, you should be able to use a rectal wand to help relieve that tension.
How to massage the pelvic floor muscles externally?
Pelvic floor therapy can be a helpful technique for many conditions. The benefits of this treatment can be long-lasting. It helps restore stability, strength, and release, critical for a healthy body.
It can be helpful for various levels of chronic pain. Some people may only need this therapy for a short period, while others may need it as part of a more extended treatment plan.
Recommended massage device
A TheraWand is a therapeutic manual massage device designed specifically for this purpose. It’s best used in a semi-reclined position, so you can use the tapered end of the wand to target trigger points. It also lets you control the pressure level to target specific parts of the pelvic floor with varying levels of intensity.
TheraWand comes with an instructional sheet and information pamphlet and can be stored in a carrying pouch. If you are unsure of the best way to massage the muscles, consult your healthcare practitioner before starting a new exercise program.
Pelvic wand therapy
This massage will help release trigger points on the pelvic floor. The TheraWand is an excellent tool for this purpose, and it has two sides. The smaller end is used for internal work, and the larger end is used for outward circulation.
- The first step of pelvic wand therapy is to find a quiet area, open your legs, and insert the wand.
- Once you’ve located the proper position, insert the wand as far as it will go.
- Once the wand reaches the right spot, you’re ready to begin.
- Leave it in for about fifteen minutes or until you feel comfortable.
- Repeat this treatment up to two times a week.
This therapy aims to release trigger points in the pelvic floor. TheraWand offers a double-sided approach, with the smaller end on the side facing the lower abdomen.
During a pelvic floor massage, all of the muscles of the pelvic region are worked on. Depending on your needs, you may focus on specific strengths, such as the bulbospongiosus or ischiocavernosus.
The transverse perineal muscle group is another popular area to work on, as are the anal sphincters and the levator ani group. It’s important to remember that these areas are connected to other parts of the body, so you must make sure to address the problem with a specialist.